Preparing for Learning
At Great Dunham, we expect all children to arrive at school ready and prepared for the day of learning ahead of them.
Encourage your child to take increasing responsibility for getting itself ready to learn.
Families can help prepare their child for school by:
- Ensuring they go to bed at a sensible time on school nights
- Ensuring they arrive in good time for school
- Ensuring they are given breakfast at home or bring them to the Breakfast Club for a healthy start to the day
- Supporting them with their homework, remembering to bring it back to school
- Ensuring they bring their book-bag every day and PE kit is in school on PE days
- Reading at home with them every day
- Ensuring they are suitably dressed for school every day