We eat our lunch altogether between 12:15 p.m & 1:15 p.m.
Our dinner contract is with Norse and lunches are cooked at Dereham St Nicholas Primary School.
School dinners cost £2.20 (increasing to £2.30 from April 2019) and can be ordered in advance.
Eligibility for entitled Free School Meals
Even though children in Reception, year 1 and year 2 will receive free school meals from September 2014, if in the future your family meets the criteria for gaining entitlement to “Free School Meals” please still apply. The school receives significant extra money, currently £900 for each child entitled to Free School Meals through the application system. This extra money has helped the school in offering additional learning support time for groups in the afternoon, support towards residentials and purchasing equipment for classes such as RWInc resources.
If you are interested in how this money is spent and the impact that it is having, there is a detailed analysis linked to the Pupil Premium page on our school website.
If parents or carers are in receipt of any of the following benefits, you may be entitled to FSM:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseekers allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial rollout of the benefit, Universal Credit
If at any time your family meets these criteria, please see Mrs. Jarrett and she will give advice on paperwork needed.
Please download a menu selection sheet to pre-order your lunch.
HOME PACKED LUNCHES
Children who bring packed lunch will need:
- A sandwich box
- A plastic drink bottle with a screw top for cold drinks or an all-plastic thermos flask for hot drinks. Cans, glass bottles and thermos flasks with glass interiors are not allowed.
- A bag in which all these items can be stored.
- These items should be clearly labeled with their name.
No child is allowed to leave the school premises during lunchtime without the permission of the head teacher and written permission from parents.