We eat our lunch altogether between 12:15 p.m & 1:00 p.m.
Our dinner contract is with Norse and lunches are cooked at Dereham St Nicholas Primary School.
School dinners cost £2.30 and can be ordered in advance.
We are a nut free school. Please read our Nut Free Policy
Eligibility for entitled Free School Meals
From 1 April 2018, the criteria for Free School Meals has been updated to reflect the introduction of Universal Credit and the phasing out of other income based benefits.
Local Authorities, Academies and Free Schools have a duty to provide free school meals to pupils of all ages. Free School Meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
• Universal Credit (provided the family has an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to 3 of the most recent assessment periods)
• Income Support
• Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
• Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
• Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
• The guarantee element of Pension Credit
• Child Tax Credit (providing the family is not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
• Working Tax Credit run on – paid for four weeks after a claimant stops qualifying for Working Tax Credit
In addition the following pupils will be protected against losing their free school meals whilst Universal Credit is rolled out:
• From 1 April 2018, all existing free school meal pupils will continue to receive free school meals
• Any child gaining eligibility for free school meals after 1 April 2018 will be protected
Once Universal Credit is fully rolled out (expected to be complete in March 2022) any existing claimant that no longer meets the eligibility criteria will continue to receive free school meals until the end of their current phase of education (i.e. primary or secondary).
If at any time your family meets these criteria, please see Mrs. Jarrett and she will give advice on paperwork needed.
Please download a menu selection sheet to pre-order your lunch.
HOME PACKED LUNCHES
Children who bring packed lunch will need:
- A sandwich box
- A plastic drink bottle with a screw top for cold drinks or an all-plastic thermos flask for hot drinks. Cans, glass bottles and thermos flasks with glass interiors are not allowed.
- A bag in which all these items can be stored.
- These items should be clearly labeled with their name.
No child is allowed to leave the school premises during lunchtime without the permission of the head teacher and written permission from parents.